The AT24C256 provides 262,144 bits of serial electrically erasable and programmable
read only memory (EEPROM) organized as 32,768 words of 8 bits each.
The device’s cascadable feature allows up to 4 devices to share a common Two-wire bus.
The device is optimized for use in many industrial and commercial applications where
low power and low voltage operation are essential.
2-Wire Serial EEPROMs 256K (32,768 x 8)
• Standard-voltage Operation 2.7V ( Vcc=2,7V to 5,5V)
• Internally Organized 32,768 x 8
• Two-wire Serial Interface
• Schmitt Trigger, Filtered Inputs for Noise Suppression
• Bidirectional Data Transfer Protocol
• 400 kHz (2.7V, 2.5V)
• Write Protect Pin for Hardware and Software Data Protection
• 64-byte Page Write Mode (Partial Page Writes Allowed)
• Self-timed Write Cycle (5 ms Max)
• High Reliability
– Endurance: One Million Write Cycles
– Data Retention: 40 Years
Industrial Temperature (–40°C to 85°C)
8-ball, die Ball Grid Array Package (dBGA2)